Position: Art Director/Designer
Job Role: Art Director/Designer
Full-time, On-site (Charlottesville, VA). Not a remote position.
Watermark Design is an award-winning branding and package design studio delivering exceptional artistry. We offer branding, packaging and illustration services for craft beverage and other premium brands. We are looking for a qualified Art Director & Designer to join our team. We look for team members who want to find a long-term home in which they can develop and grow. We are a small studio with a family atmosphere.
- Lead our team of award-winning designers
and also design award-winning work
- Meet time and budget requirements
- Work through design problems and develop solutions
- Illustration and/or hand-lettering skills are a plus
- Attend all client meetings and develop creative briefs following
- Review all outgoing artwork to ensure it meets Watermark standards
- Lead critiques and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner
- Inspire the Watermark team and help drive the most creative solutions
- Work with management to ensure projects move smoothly
- Work with clients to ensure their voices are heard
- 5 or more years experience
- Expert within Adobe programs
- Knowledge of printing processes, options and requirements
- Package Design experience
- Solutions-oriented person
- Constant learner. Always striving to be better and learn new techniques.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Extremely Detail-oriented and thorough
- Great communication skills, ability to work well within a team atmosphere. Must love teaching, people and be an empathetic leader.
- Ability to work under pressure, change direction when required and work on a range of client projects at the same time
- Passion for design
- No calls please. Send portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org